Tasting - Bogle (pinot noir)



Name: Bogle
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $12

Winery review: "Heady scents of ripe summer strawberries make a lovely first impression, while hints of crushed violets and sweet dried herbs resonate on the nose. Refined and nuanced, the mouthfeel softens as layers of cherry fruit are wrapped in a comforting blanket of pipe tobacco and worn leather. The firm, yet the lingering finish is perfectly balanced with touches of baking spices, fragrant fruit, and earth tones," according to wine.com.

My review: This pinot looks dark in the bottle, which is accompanied by its complex flavors. The initial taste is of fruit, but there's definitely a hint of other complexities like the herbs and violets listed above. I definitely agree with the cherry fruit, and I think it's a very lingering mouthfeel as well. I loved this wine, super easy to drink!

I tasted this alone with no food.

Comments