Tasting - 14 Hands (cabernet sauvignon)




Name: 14 Hands
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $13

Winery review: "This rich, full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon features the bold characters of black currant, dark cherry and espresso with hints of spice. Perfectly balanced for a smooth finish that makes this wine a great dinner companion."

My review: This cab was one of my favorite to drink before I knew anything about wine. After tasting it when I know a little more about wine, I can definitely say the finish is smooth and less bold and tannic than some big, bold red cabs I've had before. The mouthfeel feels a bit heavy like the espresso hints listed above, and I'd definitely say it has a little kick in addition to the fruit tastes. Will drink again! 

I tasted this alone with no food.

Comments