Tasting - Robert Mondavi (Cabernet Sauvignon)


Name: Robert Mondavi
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California - Monterrey County
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $14

Winery review: "This limited release Cabernet Sauvignon blends the craftsmanship of California winemaking with the Southern tradition of Bourbon Whiskey aging. Our coastal California vineyards deliver dec flavors of black cherry and blackberry to the wine. The next step is to age the blend in Bourbon Whiskey barrels for at least 3 months, adding nuances of vanilla, brown sugar and toasty oak."

My review: This is the first wine I can say I knew, no doubt, it was matured in an oak barrel! This wine smells very different than fruity wine at the sniff -- it smells like buttery toast, or butterscotch. The initial taste is of dark fruit, but the after taste is something I've never tasted before! It's extremely dessert-like. Brown sugar would be the taste I'd use to compare it to best. I LOVED this wine -- and need to buy a bottle for when I'm trying to curb my sweet tooth! So different and so good!

I tasted this alone with no food.

Comments