Tasting - Cupcake




Name: Cupcake


Variety: Moscato D'asti
Region: Tre Venezie 
Country: Italy
Year: 2016
Price: $3 :)
Winery review: Our Moscato comes from Italy’s renowned Tre Venezie region where we found incredibly lush, flavorful grapes for this sweet, fruit-forward wine. Delicate floral aromas of jasmine, hibiscus and wildflowers complement the enticing flavors of melon, honeysuckle and orange blossom, leading to a refreshing, zesty finish. Enjoy as a summertime sipper paired with vanilla ice cream, yogurt granola parfait or strawberry cheesecake,according to the Cupcake website.

My review: This wine smells like... an attic. The scent is try, and maybe a tad acidic -- but definitely not fruity like I'm used to. Upon taste, it tastes extremely sweet. I'd describe it like putting too much Sweet-N-Low in a black coffee. If anything, I taste hints of honey. This doesn't taste much like wine, but it's light and refreshing. I tasted this wine alone with no food.

Comments