Tasting - Blackstone (Merlot)

Name: Blackstone 
Variety: Merlot
Region: California
Country: United States of America
Year: 2016
Price: $14

Winery review: Rich blackberry, plum, and raspberry flavors with hints of vanilla and toasted French bread. Pairs well with grilled steaks, hearty lasagna, and baked salmon. Smooth, balanced, and perfect for any occasion. 4.4/5, according to Total Wine.

My review: Originally, I smell vanilla -- this wine reminds me of my vanilla body spray. But as always, it also smells fruity upon smell. Compared to previous wines, this seems less complex to me. It has less of an aroma and taste, but is still smooth and enjoyable. I'd drink this wine if I wasn't wanting a strong taste, but just a red wine on a random night.


I tasted this on its own with no food.

Comments