Tasting - 19 Crimes (red blend)


Name: 19 Crimes
Variety: Red blend - mix of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2016
Price: $11

Winery review: Bright red to crimson hues. Intense lifted vanilla aromatics balanced with ripe red to dark berry fruits. Full and round on the palate with a distinct sweetness giving a rich and round mouth feel. The vanilla aromatics carry through on the palate and compliment subtle flavors of chocolate and a cedary spice. The palate finishes soft and fruity with a pleasant lingering freshness. 4.2/5 stars, according to wine.com.

My review: 
From my sniff evaluation, I'd say this wine smells fruity -- though I can't decide what kind of fruit it smells like most. After tasting, it's a very silky texture and sweet. After swallowing, it tastes more bitter. This wine definitely goes down smooth and seems thinner than most red wine blends I've had in the past. Though I can't say I taste vanilla like the description above, I feel that the texture definitely has a "chocolate-y" feel to it. This wine feels comforting and it's one of my favorite red wines to date!

I tasted this on its own with no food.


Purposefully staged picture showing off our wine choice for tasting and a collection of previously-drank wine bottles (top right).

Comments