Tasting - Mirassou (pinot noir)




Name: Mirassou

Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $10
Winery review: The 2016 Mirassou Pinot Noir is crafted in honor of our historic connection to this elegant grape. As the first pioneers to introduce and grow this variety in California, we make a Pinot Noir wine that is approachable and fruit-driven. Red fruit flavors of ripe red cherry and fresh raspberry, as well as notes of strawberry jam and pomegranate seeds, are complemented by hints of oak and vanilla. This wine is satisfyingly well-balanced with a round, full mouthfeel," according to wine.com.

My review: Although this pinot noir is tough to see through its dark bottle, the color of it is super pretty and light. Upon the smell, it has a very full bodied and fruity smell. Upon taste, it's just the same! The description above matches what I would say -- definitely red fruits and a full mouthfeel. I read that this wine might be better slightly chilled, which I would love to try the next glass I pour. Would drink again! 
I tasted this alone with no food.

Comments