Tasting - Elsa Bianchi (malbec)

Name: Elsa Bianchi
Variety: Malbec
Region: San Rafael, Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2017
Price: $38
Winery review: “This Malbec is red-violet in color, with aromas of plums and black cherries and a subtle, smoky scent. The beauty of Malbec in Argentina is its ability to combine a rich, weighty mouth-feel with a soft silkiness normally associated with lighter wines. Elsa Malbec takes the promise of the nose through to the palate, with dark fruits that mimic the aroma. The soft, supply palate and smooth tannins lead to a round and harmonious finish,” according to wine.com.

My review: This wine smells of fruit and vanilla. Upon tasting, I can say it’s full bodied as it fills the palate completely. It’s soft and not aggressive, but definitely mouth filling. I thought this wine was pretty plain – it was fruity, but not extremely tasteful. I bet by pairing it with food, more flavors would be accentuated! 

I tasted this wine alone with no food.

Comments