Tasting - Chateau Greysac (red blend)



Name: Chateau Greysac 
Variety: Blend (65% merlot, 29% cabernet sauvignon, 3% cabernet franc, 3% petite verdot according to bottle)
Region: Bordeaux (SW)
Country: France 
Year: 2012
Price: $32

Winery review: Deep ruby-garnet, red-berry flavors, with notes of spice and bell pepper in the background, according to wine.com.

My review: This wine was big, bold and tannic -- but I LOVED it! Sometimes wine's this bold are too much for me, but the blending of flavor in this wine mixes together so well. Its vintage year is 2012, but it tasted aged, in a good way. There are oaky hints, and I'd bet that it had been stored in an oak barrel at some point. I was excited to try a Cru Bourgeois after lectures, and I thought it was interesting that this blend had merlot, cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc and petite verdot in it. I like all of these varieties separate, but together was even better. Would order again!


I tasted this on its own with no food.

Comments