Tasting - Meiomi (Pinot Noir)


Name: Meiomi
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Monterrey County, Santa Barbara County, Sonoma County, California
Country: United States of America
Year: 2016
Price: $22

Winery review: A rich garnet color with a ruby edge, the wine opens to reveal lifted fruit aromas of bright strawberry and jammy fruit, mocha, and vanilla, along with toasty oak notes. Expressive boysenberry, blackberry, dark cherry, juicy strawberry, and toasty mocha flavors lend complexity and depth on the palate. The well-integrated oak provides structure and depth seldom seen in Pinot Noir. 4.6/5 stars, according to wine.com.

My review: According to the wine wheel, by smell, I'd classify this wine as fruity, then berry. The winery review sounds very complex, so before tasting I was committed to giving my own definition. After tasting, this wine is very powerful and complex. It has the same consistency as mocha as the description says, and I'd agree with strawberry and blackberry flavors. The wood scent gets more evident as I drink/smell it. Normally, complexity isn't an adjective I think of with wine -- but this one is definitely complex!


I tasted this on its own with no food.

Comments