Tasting - Edna Valley (sauvignon blanc)



Name: Edna Valley



Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: California - central valley
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $10
Winery review: The 2016 Edna Valley Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc offers delectable aromas of honeydew melon and grapefruit. On the palate, these citrus notes are echoed and accompanied by tropical fruit flavors of passion fruit, guava, and a hint of lime zest. A balanced, crisp acidity and flavors that linger on the finish make this wine a true expression of the varietal" according to wine.com.

My review: This wine smells very acidic and potential citrusy, and I smell the melon it refers to above. Upon taste, I kind of had a tart face because it surprised me with its crisp flavors. I don't know if I like this very much, but I'm interested to keep drinking it and see how I feel. Definitely different than big bodied reds I'm used to!

I tasted this alone with no food.

Comments