Tasting - Moobuzz (pinot noir)


Name: Moobuzz
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Monterey, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $16

Winery review: "Gorgeous aromas of earthy mushroom and fresh raspberry are highlighted by notes of fresh violet and ripe plum. The palate expands to include a savory abundance of red currant, dark cherry, rich mocha, and wild strawberry on a long, velvety finish. Bright and fresh, this Pinot Noir pairs wonderfully with various dishes such as grilled eggplant bruschetta, roasted mushrooms with herbs, or pork chops with fresh peaches and basil," according to wine.com.

My review: This wine definitely smells mushroomy! This is the first wine I can say I've smelled mushroom in. Rather than an initial bright, fruity scent, I can immediately detect earthy aspects of this wine, followed by fruity. The taste is just the same; fresh, light, thin and a mixture of tastes ranging from floral/earthy to mildly fruity. This wine is different than many I've had before, and I think the description above depicts the wine perfectly. I'd love to try it with bruschetta or something with basil next time I have this wine!

I tasted this wine alone with no food.

Comments